National Tests for Credit
Students may be awarded undergraduate college credit for successful completion of exams under the following national programs. A maximum of 60 credits may be earned through any combination of credit by examination and Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) toward a West bachelor degree. A maximum of 24 credits may be earned through any combination of credit by examination and PLA toward an associate degree. These credits do not apply as resident coursework.
The guide linked above provides complete credit equivalencies for all national exams in a single file, or you can click on the individual links below to view only the equivalency guide for each type of exam.
- Advanced Placement (AP) Exams (formerly CEEB)
- Berlitz Foreign Language Testing
- College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
- DANTES Subject Standardized Test (DSST) (formerly USIF / DANTES)
- Excelsior College Exam (formerly ACT / PEP and RCE / PEP)
- International Baccalaureate (IBO)